Damage to real property due to drunk driver, under TX law can I sue driver to get back deposit money lost to landlord

Asked over 6 years ago - Lake Jackson, TX

I was renting a house that an insured drunk driver struck and damaged, and subsequently moved becuase of the incident. I ended up losing my deposit on the house and spent money moving myself to a safe home. Can I recoupe my losses and expenses from the insurance or through a civil suit?

1. 2

1

Answered . Provided the lost deposit was caused as a result of the drunk driver, you should be able to recover your deposit from the landlord and/or the drunk driver and his insurance carrier. File a lawsuit in your local justice or smaill claims court in the county where the property is located.