Dad walked between two major crosswalks when this woman drove right through him.

Asked over 1 year ago - Cambridge, MA

The police said he was jaywalking but after rethinking this situation, I am now convinced if the driver wasn't drunk, the police taking the report was.
How can my father be jaywalking between two major cross-walks, in front of a train station, filled with people crossing the street at any given moment.

The police said the driver didn't see my father, yet she saw a bag of empty coke cans in his person. My father crossed the entire road to get to the middle of the road when the driver driving on the opposite direction said she was driving slowly when she hit him. Well she broke every bone on my dad's body. She hit him on the driver side and he landed on the back of her car, and she didn't even get one citation?

Had my father been the driver who hit and KILLED a black girl, the freaking AL Sharpton would be arranging parades screaming discrimination.
My father was KILLED, the police treated my father like he was some homeless fool picking up can's and this stupid witch driving the car with minimum insurance got away with NOTHING, and a pat on the back for stoping to see if my dad was ok. What, did the police wanted her to do, drive back and over him? Fools!
Someone needs to be accountable for his death, actually I want both of them to be accountable. One for her stupidity and the other for doing a lousy job as a police officer.
Hours later after visiting my dad at the hospital, I went to the place where the accident occurred and I was shocked to see my dad's belongings still left on the side walk. WTF

1. Terri D. Leary

8

Answered . It is understandable that you are so upset. The sooner you speak with an attorney, the sooner they can obtain evidence that may otherwise be destroyed. An attorney who handles personal injury and related civil claims is yourbest bet. Find one near you, since you will need to have frequent interactions.

2. Douglas Holbrook

5

Answered . I think you may want to address this question to a personal injury attorney who might want to address the issue of causation.

3. Lauren Craig Redmond

3

Answered . I'm not clear what your question is. But Attorney Holbrook gave you good advice. Contact a personal injury lawyer who can address the issue of causation. Good luck.

4. Dennis M. Lindgren

3

Answered . I hope your father will be alright. Whether the driver was cited or not for hitting your father isn't the most important fact. If she had been cited, a jury would never hear that evidence anyway. Unless the police officer witnessed the accident himself, his testimony will likely be similarly limited. The most important facts will be those relayed by your father, the driver and any eye witnesses to the accident. The fact that your father was not in a crosswalk does not automatically mean that he was at fault or that the driver is blameless. In Massachusetts, drivers have an obligation to avoid hitting pedestrians if at all possible. The fact that your father was carrying a large bag and was in the middle of the road, would seem to indicate that he was very visible immediately prior to the collision. Your father definitely needs the assistance of an experience personal injury attorney admitted to practice in Massachusetts. Most firms, like mine, will offer free consultations. Best of luck to you and your dad.

5. Elliot S Coren

2

Answered . Hi

So sorry to hear about your dad. It is important you hire an attorney right away. Don't worry about the police. The driver can still be found liable for damages for failing to pay attention. Good luck.

Steve Coren.