Dad assaultedmewhile drunk. Already wasInjured recovering from Operaioinwill that help me in court i mean i still in PysicTHEAr

Maryland |
Filed under: Child abuse

I got injured at my work right hand threetendons cut had to get surgery. Still am recovering have to under go lots of pysical therapy even though with all that my dad attacked because he was drunk start yelling then assaulted me if got hurt my hand could have been ruined.
I called the cops was that wrong?
I didnt thin k someone can put there hands on you plusi have a little sister i worried bout her .
What are some thing i can do? cops told me i could press charges for 2nd degree assault i dont know what to do any advice plz whole thing is messed up my life for a long time first time i had to call the Authorities . i still in shock my dad attacked me even thouh i can defend my self plus my hand is still recovering from Major Operation any adivce plz

1. You may file a Petition for a Protective Order. See the link below for additional information and how to do so.