Dad and his family turning 3 yr old daughter against me... need help bed custody battle and tearing me and daughter apart

Murrysville, PA |

I need help, the other party always says I say things about them to my daughter,... I don't. My daughter will come home start acting up, then jump up on me or mom and say I love you, I don't want to be mean, my mom says, is someone telling you to be mean... my daddy tells me to be mean to you and mommy. My grammy casts spells on you, she wants to keep me away from you forever. i am per se and fighting this battle, but all I want is my daughters happiness. I'm at a loss as what to say. Him and his family are brainwashing my daughter and turning her against me and my family. His family knows people in the court and work at mobile therapists/tss/bsc, so they know how to do this and get away with it even with custody evaluations. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keep a log of the things that your daughter tells you about the brainwashing. Present this to the Master or Judge hearing the case. You might consider asking the court to order counseling so that the father can be instructed/advised that the brainwashing is not good for the child.

You will need to retain an aggressive, experienced family law attorney to handle your case so that the alienation tactics can be brought to the attention of the Judge. If you don't take steps to stop this behavior right away, your child will suffer and your relationship with her could eventually be irreparably damaged. It would be helpful to get the child into counseling as soon as possible.

My response is based solely on the limited information contained in the question. It is not meant to substitute your attorney's advice.

Jesse Ian Weidaw

Jesse Ian Weidaw

Almost every custody agreement or Order contains a provision about not disparaging the other party. Unfortunately, violations of these provisions are difficult to prove and rarely enforced. Counseling helps sometimes, but in the context of custody case it is usually not covered by insurance and can get expensive. There are Court options available, including modification of the current order, but without a bit more information it's hard to make a definitive conclusion as to the best possible outcome. You should talk to somebody for a few minutes and see if you can clarify some of the issues. Good luck.

I agree with the other two attorneys on this matter. You should take a proactive approach, and bring these developments to the Court's attention. Contact the courthouse in the county in which the case would be heard, and ask if they provide unrepresented parties such as yourself any assistance in preparing a motion to present this problem to the judge. You will likely be able to get some sort of hearing or conciliation with your motion, at which time these problems can be addressed. In the alternative, you may want to consider consulting with an attorney. An attorney can not only help you with the process described above, but also attempt to negotiate a better arrangement with the other side in the meantime. Good luck!

i filed a motion petition for her to enter into counseling... what other type of motion could i use if we settle out of court to have her entered into counseling?

Daniel Davis Hargreaves

Daniel Davis Hargreaves

You may not have to present another motion as long as the motion you have already prepared has not been ruled upon yet. Motions typically have a proposed Order to be signed by the Court. Upon resolving your motion, you can have an Order entered that spells out the terms of the settlement, including provisions for counseling. That way, if she fails to follow through, you will have an option to enforce the Order to ensure that she eventually does.