DACA I sent my application on August 23rd it's gone be almost 6 months on Feb 23rd 2013 what should i do?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fremont, CA

They requested RFE which i sent on nov 19th according to the update on line i should hear back on my RFE in 60 days it's gone be 3 months still nothing what should i do?? i'm so frustrated

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you have done the Biometrics and properly complied with the RFE you can only wait. I know it is frustrating to be told do nothing, but these applications are becoming backlogged due to the ever increasing number of filings.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more
  2. Rodrigo Ivan Canido

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Depending on what the RFE is for, it could take a while, as you well know. At this point I don't think there is anything else you can do to hurry the process along. The good news is, because they actually asked you for an RFE, they are still considering your application. Are you sure DACA is the only thing you are eligible for? Or have looked at other immigration options as well? Good luck.

    LORIC, Immigration Solutions

    Rodrigo Ivan Canido
    Managing Attorney

    3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
    Santa Clara, CA 95054
    Tel: 650-279-5933
    Email: rcanido@loric.net.in

    LORIC, Immigration Solutions Rodrigo Ivan Canido Managing Attorney (Se Habla Espanol) 3333 Bowers Ave,... more
  3. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues, but the timeframe is quite delayed. Usually, our responses to requests for evidence have been resolved much sooner.

    If you experience disappointment, then you may want to hire a competent and experienced immigration attorney to prepare, file or reviewed your situation. Perhaps, you do not qualify with the evidence, provided. Good luck.

    This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  4. Kevin Michael Crabtree

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You could call the 1-800 number on your receipt and report a problem with your case: that it is out of the processing times. In some cases, USCIS loses track of cases and this can prod the along. In other cases, it does not make a difference.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,229 answers this week

3,334 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,229 answers this week

3,334 attorneys answering