DACA: Will company get in trouble for employing an illegal person?

Asked about 2 years ago - Jamaica, NY

So I'm applying for DACA and I'm gonna have to use documentation from the company i work for to proof that i have been in the country the last 5 years. The company is owned by my uncle so I'm really concerned. My question is will my uncle get in trouble for letting me work in the company? Or will they just look at it as me working for a family business and not pay mind to it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1. Philip Alan Eichorn

2

Answered . DHS has indicated that they are not going to share the personal information provided. DHS has not made any statements about employer's information. Might be best to attempt to prove physical presence using other forms of evidence to reduce the risk. As a routine matter, our office has to prove ten years of physical presence for cancellation of removal for non-LPRs in removal court. We've identified many alternate methods than using employer information.

2. Marc Damien Sean Taylor

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, is there any way to prove your physical preference.

USCIS is not going to just ignore documentation you send them. So, you might want to retain an immigration attorney to prepare the petition for you.

3. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

1

Answered . My colleague is correct.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . My colleague is correct ... yes, your uncle could get in trouble ... assuming that CIS has the time and resources.

Don't you have other ways to prove your whereabouts?