Skip to main content

DACA: Will company get in trouble for employing an illegal person?

Jamaica, NY |

So I'm applying for DACA and I'm gonna have to use documentation from the company i work for to proof that i have been in the country the last 5 years. The company is owned by my uncle so I'm really concerned. My question is will my uncle get in trouble for letting me work in the company? Or will they just look at it as me working for a family business and not pay mind to it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


DHS has indicated that they are not going to share the personal information provided. DHS has not made any statements about employer's information. Might be best to attempt to prove physical presence using other forms of evidence to reduce the risk. As a routine matter, our office has to prove ten years of physical presence for cancellation of removal for non-LPRs in removal court. We've identified many alternate methods than using employer information.


My colleague is correct.

Guerra Saenz, PL--Immigration Attorneys (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.


My colleague is correct ... yes, your uncle could get in trouble ... assuming that CIS has the time and resources.

Don't you have other ways to prove your whereabouts?

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues, is there any way to prove your physical preference.

USCIS is not going to just ignore documentation you send them. So, you might want to retain an immigration attorney to prepare the petition for you.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer