DA to offer 2-6 years

Long Island City, NY |

second degree vehicular manslaughter(d felony) no criminal history or previous dwi convictions. Is this considered a plea? if so, how much time would actually have to be served?

Is that your top count? No one here can give you an opinion about it without knowing the facts.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

that is the felony. failure to yield a traffic sign and dui(bac 0.10)

It is a plea as it is less than the maximum however a person sentenced to this should expect to serve 4 years in jail.
They need a good attorney.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

You need to be discussing this with your criminal defense attorney ASAP. I assume you have retained legal counsel, if not, do so ASAP!

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

My Family is in the process of filing for a Public Defender(single parent scenario)very tough situation

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

Get the court to appoint one ASAP to defend the case. Good luck.

Michael J Palumbo

Michael J Palumbo

Charged with killing someone forget about the free lawyer route borrow the money or get a second and 3rd job to pay for experienced counsel!

You need to discuss this with your attorney not throw it out here in AVVO to see what some random lawyers think.

Retain an attorney who can answer these basic questions. It is troubling that you have to ask them in this forum at this stage of your case.

Christopher I. Simser, Sr.
Anelli Xavier
269 West Jefferson Street, 2nd Floor
Syracuse, NY 13202
1-800-DWI-TEAM

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.
Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
Jackson Heights, NY 11370
T. (347) 628-2391
F. (718) 672-4728
E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
www.EstrellaLawyer.com

The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20 minute consultation! THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C. “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE” -- Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq. Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut The Estrella Law Firm, P.C. 75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170 Inside The Bulova Corporate Center Jackson Heights, NY 11370 T. (347) 628-2391 F. (718) 672-4728 E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com www.EstrellaLawyer.com