Custody of child from foreign country. What is needed to enroll him in school?

Asked about 1 year ago - Hamilton, OH

Friend wants to send child to live in US for one semester to learn english.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Susan Grace Soto


    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . Check the school district's enrollment requirements online or ask the school's registrar for information. I would expect that you would need some sort of legally verified document from the parents awarding you custody or guardianship, along with the child's birth certificate, immunization records, etc. (plus, of course, the normal proof of residency in the school's attendance area or whatever else is needed to enroll a child in school in your state and school district).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,936 answers this week

2,945 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,936 answers this week

2,945 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary