Custody Factors in PA

Asked almost 3 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

In PA, how heavily does a judge weigh the custody factor that says: The parent fosters and encourage the child-parent relationship. My ex does not do this and says, because I do not pay a lot of child support then I am not a good parent and implies that I should not go to Dr appointments. The other parent always compares me to significant. I feel like my ex tries everything to come in between my child's and my relationship, and I am afraid when my child gets older enough to understand, my child will grow up to disrespect me and choose sides

1. Laura Kaye Robbins

1

Best Answer

Answered . Your best bet is to consult with an attorney who practices in the area where your custody action is being heard, in my opinion. Consulting with an attorney will assist you in gaining a better understanding of what's going on, and will assist you in developing a strategy to counteract it. If you are dealing with parental alienation, this is a tricky allegation and you will want to be armed with legal knowledge to counteract it.

2. Charles Thomas Jr.

1

Answered . That is just one factor out of many that judges must consider. The overriding consideration is always what is in the child's best interest.