Skip to main content

Custody agreement says no corporal punishment, but mom's boyfriend is spanking with instruments... What can we do legally?

Saint Louis, MO |
Filed under: Legal custody

One of my step-sons came over a month ago with bruises on his rear from his mom's boyfriend bare-skin spanking him so hard with a hairbrush that it left bruises 4 days later. Our court papers for the custody plan say that "no parent nor a third party" is allowed to use corporal punishment with the boys. We filed a police report and they interviewed my step-sons, but nothing came of it. DFS was involved, and they said since she has a baby with this guy, they don't feel that it is a serious enough case to "break up the family" at their mom's house.
They came over today and said that he is spanking them again, bare skin on their rear-style. He also told them, "You can tell your dad that I can spank you whenever I want."
The boys say that they want to live with us.
What can we do legally?

Attorney Answers

No attorney answers yet.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics