Currently under removal proceedings. Married with three kids born in USA, is there a way I can get a I-765?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Jacksonville, FL

I-130 approved on 2005. I-485 denied on 2009. Currently under removal procedure. U-2 visa pending

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

2

Answered . More facts are really needed to answer your question. The fact that an I-130 has been approved is good, but we have no idea why your I-485 was denied, the reasons removal proceedings were initiated, and how the U visa process fits in with all of this.

Hopefully you are represented by an immigration attorney already and if so, he or she should be addressing all of this with you. If you don't, or have lost confidence in your attorney, consult with an experienced immigration attorney to get a second opinion as to what has transpired on your case and how best to proceed.

2. Lizette Monick Sierra

Pro

1

Answered . Perhaps there is a way to obtain an EAD. I need more information to properly advise you. As you are in removal proceedings, I highly recommend you seek experienced counsel.

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

2

Answered . You can renew your adjustment application before the Immigration Judge and perhaps through cancellation of removal. But need more facts -specifically when you entered the United States, and when you were placed into removal proceedings and whether you have a criminal history, and why the adjustment was denied. These should have been reviewed by your attorney. If you do not have an attorney you should hire one.

4. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Answered . Yes. When in removal proceedings with an I-485 pending you are entitled to an EAD.

5. Nicklaus James Misiti

1

Answered . Possibly, if you are in removal proceedings you really need an attorney.

6. Philip Alan Eichorn

1

Answered . Yes, you can renew your I-485 in proceedings and obtain work auth accordingly. If you don't have a lawyer, hire one now. If you're lawyer didn't tell you this, then it's time to switch lawyers.