Currently suspended without pay until further notice due to false allegations/claims.

Asked 7 months ago - Las Vegas, NV

i been working at this establishment for 6 years. I broke up a fight/scuffle with two girls at my job when I was off the clock, security was inadequate. no witnesses & non-conclusive video footage. one of the girls claims I "assaulted" her. no pictures, just hearsay. my employer suspended me until further investigation. I haven't filled out a statement yet.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Malik W. Ahmad

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Politely talk to your employer or if they have HR and explain your position. However, you have no legal right to intervene or otherwise legal rights under any existing laws because most of such employment is at will. In such cases, you should have called the police and inform your employer immediately.

    Only see a licensed attorney before you make any decision. This answer may not be perfect in any given situation.... more

Related Topics

Termination of employment

Termination is when your employer ends your working relationship and you no longer work at the company. You must be paid for all hours worked until termination.

Wrongful termination of employment

Wrongful termination is when an employer illegally fires someone, often in a discriminatory manner, such as firing someone who becomes pregnant or disabled.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

19,072 answers this week

2,459 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

19,072 answers this week

2,459 attorneys answering