Currently on OPT. Client changed after H1B was filed. H1B got approved, Amendment process will start soon. What happens on Oct 1

Pleasant Valley, IA |

I am currently on OPT valid till July 2014. Employer filed for H1B but client location got changed soon after H1B was filed. H1B got approved based on old client location and employer will file for LCA & H1B amendment for new client location. Currently I am working on the new Client location.

My question: Is it OK if employer files LCA & amendment for new Client location after OCT 1st as my H1B is based on previous Client location? Or should I ask my employer to file LCA & amendment for new Client location and get it approved before Oct 1st?

Why are you asking us? Talk to the employer's immigration attorney who processed the H1b. They are paid, among other things, to provide you with the explanations.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Thank you for your quick reply sir. I am in touch with my employer's immigration lawyer. I just wanted to confirm this situation with other experienced lawyers on as till now I have got answers on for almost all my questions.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Great. Good for you. Good luck.

You sound like a very educated and sophisticated person who knows that it is impossible to substitute with Avvo a competent immigration law counsel , right?

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Work with the attorney who has been filing this paperwork.

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

Recommended articles about Employment