Currently on L1A and want to work for a employer who has no company in US.

Asked over 1 year ago - Minot, ND

Currently I am on L1A and want to work for a employer who has no company in US. Actually the Canadian employer is willing to buy a business in US and wants to hire me as a employee. What can be done in this case.

Additional information

L1A holder is from India. Canadian employer will not be filling E2 for himself he just wants to open the business in US.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Christian Schmidt

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Only option appears to be an H-1B if you and the proffered position qualify.

  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Please see the answer to your other question.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now