Currently my license is in the process of being supended, in two weeks it will be finalized.

Flushing, NY |

Im planning on moving to florida would the suspension in ny not allow me to get a license in florida or is it a clean slate. Thank you very much

1. Your are required to disclose your convicion(s) in NY re: your license and typically have to produce your NYS license to "swap" for the new license, so your slate will be blemished. Presumably, they'll also check via reciprocity of info if they are part of the interstate compact.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

2. Do it now before you get suspended. Just tell the truth on any paperwork or application.

3. I have had people tell me that their license was suspended in FL b/c of a suspension in NY.
    We do know that they share information, the question is will the particular suspension in NY transfer. (There are different suspension reasons and not all transfer the same).

You want to re post this question in avvo in a FL location, and have a FL attorney answer you.

BTW, are you sure you can stop the NY license suspension?

This is not legal advice. If order to give you legal advice i would need to see the Tickets and talk to the court first. Good luck:)

4. That is a compact state with reciprocity. You are going to have to wait until the suspension period is over to get a Florida license. If you lie on the application it could be a felony. Please choose "best answer" if his helped you.

DUI topics