Currently in process of deffered action for childhood arrivals.. can I cross a inland immigration check point by showing my rece

Donna, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

The check points I'm talking about are (NOT International border crossing s) these are inspection blocks set up by cbp n border patrol 60 miles north of the mexican/American border..I live in south texas, and i need to cross the the Check point to get to Austin or Houston ..can I just show them my 821D recipt to cross or will I get arrested?? .....P.S. since I am in process do I have some kind of status to keep me from getting delorted/ or arrested in united states soil ...I'm a strong candidate with clean record

I would wait until your approval, if possible, since a pending aplication may not be enough.

The pending aplication does not give you any legal status.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

Didn't obama order to halt all deportation on DACA elgible individuals ????

Veronica Tunitsky

Veronica Tunitsky

DACA approved individuals.

You should be okay with your receipt, but if you can wait until your application is approved, this would be better.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with both of my colleagues. While the receipt notice doesn't technically keep you safe, it could help if you are stopped and questioned. It's better for you to wait for a result. The officers who do the inspecting do not necessarily have the information about your strong application and clean record handy.

My response to your question does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is this information to be construed as legal advice. If you would like to have a consultation or require representation, please contact our office directly: (512) 348-7966

Recommended articles about Immigration