Currently I am on OPT work visa and I have Started LLC As a foreign Investor so how can i work for my business?

Asked over 1 year ago - Texas City, TX

I did master here than i received OPT for 1 year. Me and My brother started LLC As a foreign Investor Since i am on OPT visa so can i work for my company if so Than can i get pay? How does it work? How can i apply for h1 visa next year? Please advise me,,

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . With an E-2 visa as the managerial employee of an E-2 investor (your brother), yes. Otherwise, no.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. Phillip Monroe Smith

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This is primarily an immigration question, not a business question. I have added tags that will indicate this. My understanding is that you cannot work for your own business even with a work visa. You must be employed and supervised by a qualified US company. This is a very sophisticated question that may require a consultation with an immigration attorney, a business attorney and possibly tax attorney. Avvo may not be the proper forum for this question.

    Good luck!
    Phillip M. Smith Jr.
    Los Angeles Tax & Business Attorney
    Licensed in the United States Tax Court
    Main: 323-292-4116 ❘ Cell: 562-505-1004

    THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can... more
  3. Luca Cristiano Maria Melchionna

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I concur with my colleagues. You need to show that you have invested a substantial amount of money in the venture in order to obtain an E visa. In any case, you need to work with an immigration business attorney. Best

    This reply is offered for educational purpose only. You should seek the advice of an attorney. The response given... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,851 answers this week

3,259 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,851 answers this week

3,259 attorneys answering