Current Status L1 with Emp A. Applied H1 with Emp B with COS. What will be my visa status on 1st Oct 13 if I donot join emp B?

Asked 11 months ago - New York, NY

I am L1 and staying in US since 2012 with employer A, Applied for H1 with employer B with change of status which is currently under review. What will be my visa status on 1st Oct'13 if H1B is approved and I do not join employer B and want to continue with employer A? whether I will be out of status and leave USA?

1. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

2

Answered . You will be violating the terms of your status. Either join your employer or depart the U.S. as you choose not to join your H-1B employer and maintain your status.

2. Neil F. Lewis

Pro

1

Answered . you have told Immigration that you are leaving your L-1 employer and are moving to your H-1B employer on October 1, 2013. If you are going to do anything else, you will need to apply for change of status, or depart the US and return.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . You will have a big mess on your hands.

If the H is approved ... your I-94 L-1B?) will die that same day.

Pay a lawyer to help you sort things out.