Current average processing time for N-400 Citizenship application in Newark NJ

Paterson, NJ |

What is the current average processing time for a citizenship application in Newark NJ?

Between five and six months if everything is filed correctly.

VOSBIKIAN & VOSBIKIAN, L.L.C. (856) 755-1400, e-mail: - Offices in Atlantic City, Cherry Hill, Newark, and Trenton, NJ. Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please visit and share this site:

I agree with my colleague. Sometimes slightly faster, but I typically tell clients 5-6 months

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

USCIS Processing times are available using the link at the bottom. However, I would strongly recommend that you contact a lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, and obtain professional assistance. A lawyer will ensure that you present your strongest application to USCIS. If you are denied, it could jeopardize your future applications.

If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

I have had applications approved anywhere from 3 to 6 months. It depends on the agent and whether they request more information as well.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Recommended articles about Immigration