CT Stop Sign Ticket No Stop Line

Asked about 1 year ago - New Haven, CT

Got a ticket for failure to obey stop sign in CT at a T intersection (3-way stop) I was on through street. According to wording of statute is a stop line required also? The stop sign I am accused of violating does not have a line. 14-301(c) The driver of a vehicle shall stop in obedience to a stop sign at such clearly marked stop line or lines as may be established by the traffic authority having jurisdiction or, in the absence of such line or lines, shall stop in obedience to a stop sign at the entrance to a through highway and shall yield the right-of-way to vehicles not so obliged to stop which are within the intersection or approaching so closely as to constitute an immediate hazard. I am a young driver and wonder if this is worth sending in not guilty and arguing. Thank you

1. Brian S Karpe

Answered . According to the statute, there is no requirement that stop lines be painted on the street.

One or more answers have been taken down.