CSPA case pending in Supreme court

Asked 5 months ago - Charlotte, NC

1) Who are going to benefit from the supreme court decision(Is that depends upon the time/year when the petition was filled)?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

1

Answered . Ask Carl Shustterman. He knows. He is the attorney of record on that case.

2. Bill Whittaker

Pro

1

1

Answered . I doubt the date of the petition by the Department of Justice for US Supreme Court review will determine anything. The better question is will the Court uphold the decision by the 9th circuit court? If the question is about the application date then its a different matter. As I understand it, It's basically a grandfathering of applications of persons who aged out back when 245(i) was still effective. I would seek the advice of an immigration attorney who could explain in more detail and assist you in furthering the application process.

3. Carlos Andres Lopez

Answered . This is a question better suited for a consultation to explore your case. As my colleague says, no decision by the supreme court on this case and there might not be any. Furthermore, you live in the 4th circuit, not the 9th circuit - so that case does not apply to you.