CRY immigrant VISA to US had been denied , what to do ? What to expect ? How long it will take ?

Hi all I had an interview today for immigrant VISA CRY , but unfortunately it had been denied , his reasons was that the marriage were for intent to immigrate ( 9 DAM 41 . 81 6 . 5 ) , the officer was so rude , he was interrupting me all the me , assuming the worst and just spit it on my face , that the marriage is a total fraud and sham . He mentioned : " So you want to convince me , that you've met your wife for one time ( the time we got married ) , and spent two years without seeing her , and you both got married the first time you met each other " My reply to him was : " I was a student ( PhD ) , and she was a student by that time , and she had financial problems since she is a student as well , and we were helping each other financially , by the time she started to work , we were at the end of our process "

Amelia, OH -

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

I agree with my colleague.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

There are no CRY visas in the US. Do you perhaps mean a CR1? In any event, it is time to hire an experienced immigration attorney to sort it out.

Philip Alan Eichorn

Philip Alan Eichorn

Immigration Attorney - Cleveland, OH

If your marriage interview went bad and the officer accused you of fraud, you should immediately hire an attorney. If USCIS feels there is fraud in your relationship, then they can prohibit you from every getting a visa again. See INA 204(c). Fighting marriage fraud accusations is an art in itself and requires a lot of time with your lawyer. Often times the officer is wrong and has an incorrect perception of events. Be prepared and be open with your lawyer so that he/she can best prepare the response to CIS and preserve your family.

Robert Louis Brown

Robert Louis Brown

Immigration Attorney - Cleveland, OH

Have you received a written decision from the immigration office in Cincinnati? You should confer with an, immigration attorney as soon as possible. You have several options for proceeding, however, it is important that you do not accept a decision from CIS that the marriage was for the sole purpose of obtaining an immigration benefit. Such a decision left unchallenged may result in a permanent bar to lawful status in United States.

Andrew Marino Bramante

Andrew Marino Bramante

Immigration Attorney - Cleveland, OH

I agree with my colleagues that you should immediately hire an attorney. Assuming your marriage was valid and your interview was for an I-130, your attorney may advise you to refile a new I-130 Petition. Your attorney can guide you through all the things you should do to prove it was valid. Alternatively, he may advise you to appeal the decision. Either way, you will need someone with experience to help you.