Criminal Record... Ban for Life and getting married.

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

My boyfriend has been Banned for Life from the US due to his criminal record. I was wondering if there is anything we can do for him to come back? i know that they do not qualify for any type of relief. :( i just dont want to move to Mexico since i have my whole career here already. Maybe he can get a non immigrant visa?

1. Peyton Zimmerman Peebles III

Pro

1

Answered . It is likely that your only options will be to seek a pardon (almost no chance at all) or petition the court(s) where the criminal case(s) originated for habeas relief. The second option is more likely to be successful than the first, but will still be an uphill battle. Any other attempts to secure immigration authorization to enter will probably be unsuccessful. Feel free to call me or another experienced habeas lawyer to discuss the particular details of your boyfriend's case.

2. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

Answered . I am moving this question to the immigration area of avvo. It is really not a criminal defense question.

3. John M. Kaman

Pro

Answered . He's not going to get back in the US legally. If he's banned for life there are no visas that would be available to him.