Criminal Record... Ban for Life and getting married.

Houston, TX |

My boyfriend has been Banned for Life from the US due to his criminal record. I was wondering if there is anything we can do for him to come back? i know that they do not qualify for any type of relief. :( i just dont want to move to Mexico since i have my whole career here already. Maybe he can get a non immigrant visa?

1. It is likely that your only options will be to seek a pardon (almost no chance at all) or petition the court(s) where the criminal case(s) originated for habeas relief. The second option is more likely to be successful than the first, but will still be an uphill battle. Any other attempts to secure immigration authorization to enter will probably be unsuccessful. Feel free to call me or another experienced habeas lawyer to discuss the particular details of your boyfriend's case.

*** The fact that you solicited advice over a public forum waives any attorney-client privilege thus far. In addition, communications over this forum do not create any attorney-client relationship. To have a privileged conversation and/or establish an attorney-client relationship, contact me using the following information: Peyton Z. Peebles III Capitaine, Shellist, Peebles & McAlister, LLP, 713-715-4500 (office) 713-715-4500 (cell) Peebles@TexasLegalTeam.net www.TexasLegalTeam.net

2. He's not going to get back in the US legally. If he's banned for life there are no visas that would be available to him.

3. I am moving this question to the immigration area of avvo. It is really not a criminal defense question.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.