Criminal question

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

Can the authority's refuse to issue out a warrant for you and not tell you what the warrant is for?

1. Edwin Drantivy

1

Answered . If by "authority" you mean the police, then the police normally either issue a warrant or they do not based on the facts of the case, not whether they do want to or refuse to do so. If you ask the police what the warrant says, they may tell you while executing it.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . The police in NYC generally don't get warrants because it requires filing a complaint in court which prevents them from questioning the defendant.

3. Malosack Berjis

1

Answered . I'm going to edit the practice area of your post to "Criminal Defense" for better exposure.