Criminal possession of controlled substance in the 3rd and 4th degree

Asked about 5 years ago - Albany, NY

I was arrested with both of these chares and I want to know what would be the best way to go about resolving these matters. No prior criminal record at all. I also had no intent to sell such substances. Wrong place at the wrong time I guess.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Carlos Gonzalez

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . These are both very serious charges, carrying potential for serious jail time. I would suggest looking for an attorney in your imemdiate area, if you can afford to do so, as your defense on such a case will be extremely important.

    If you are not able to do so and will be using legal aide, ensure that you do everything that you can in order to ensure that there is a very good level of communication between yo uand your attorney... so you are fuilly informed of the ptoential situation all along

  2. Howard Woodley Bailey


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Discuss whether you are eligible for pretrial diversion with your lawyer. If you are, you may be able to dispose of the charges without a permanent conviction on your record. Good luck.

    DISCLAIMER I do not practice law in your State. This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,706 answers this week

3,383 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,706 answers this week

3,383 attorneys answering