Criminal possession of controlled substance in the 3rd and 4th degree

Albany, NY |

I was arrested with both of these chares and I want to know what would be the best way to go about resolving these matters. No prior criminal record at all. I also had no intent to sell such substances. Wrong place at the wrong time I guess.

Discuss whether you are eligible for pretrial diversion with your lawyer. If you are, you may be able to dispose of the charges without a permanent conviction on your record. Good luck.

DISCLAIMER I do not practice law in your State. This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising.

These are both very serious charges, carrying potential for serious jail time. I would suggest looking for an attorney in your imemdiate area, if you can afford to do so, as your defense on such a case will be extremely important.

If you are not able to do so and will be using legal aide, ensure that you do everything that you can in order to ensure that there is a very good level of communication between yo uand your attorney... so you are fuilly informed of the ptoential situation all along