Criminal defenses

Marion, OH |

Two kids enter a home through open window leave their shoes catches house on fire then leaves. trying to run away

The crime is arson so the prosecution will attempt to convict

Breaking and Entering, Burglary, arson are the most obvious charges. Without speaking to the kids, and knowing more facts, impossible to give much insight into possible defenses. If this has happened to you or a family member, contact a lawyer immediately.

The response I have provided is general in nature, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. My practice is based in Rhode Island, and the law and practice in other states or jurisdictions may be different.

This looks like a double post, I answered the other question you posted.

Answers given by Chase R. Carter, partner at Carter and George LLC do not constitute legal advice. Answers given do not constitute legal advice and any person having a legal question should contact counsel immediately. Mr. Carter is a private attorney that is available for hire after first consulting with Mr. Carter and negotiating a fee arrangement and signing an engagement letter. Mr. Carter is able to be contacted by visiting his firm's website at www.carterandgeorge.com or calling 740 634 3110. No legal relationship and/or legal representation is established by answering questions on Avvo. Answers given are for purely educational purpose. No information given is protected by attorney client privilege and any person asking such questions is strongly encouraged to contact legal counsel before pursuing any legal matter.

Are you one of the kids looking for representation, or are you the homeowner attempting to determine your rights?