Skip to main content

Criminal Defense

Hollis, NY |

I am the petitioner in the family court for custody,stay away order, support cases against my husband. My husband had a criminal case for just a violation. Now the matter of family court has got transferred to Supreme court Integrated Domestic violence part. I am unable to understand what is happening in his criminal case.Is it dismissed ? I need a lawyer please

I am unable to understand why the case went to supreme court domestic violence integrated part. Criminal charges were only for harassment. It could have been decided in the criminal court itself.Are the charges upgraded?who will prosecute the criminal case in supreme court then?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Criminal goes w/Family Court to Supreme Court/IDV. Nothings done yet.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


The case is not dismissed. The IDV part was created so that people with multiple cases can have all their matters heard before on judge. Your husband now has multiple cases ie family and criminal that's why it was transferred. On the next date in court ask the judge to appoint a lawyer for you. If eligible the court may do so.


The IDV part handles matters where there are criminal and domestic relations matters such as support, custody, visitation and/or divorce. It does not mean that the criminal case is dismissed. The criminal case will be prosecuted by the district attorney's office just as it was in criminal court. You do not need representation in the criminal matter and if fact, if you are unable to afford representation it is possible the court will appoint you counsel in the domestic relations matters. Of course you are free to have counsel of your own choosing for the non-criminal issues and it might be advisable to contact an attorney to discuss all the issues you are presently facing. Good luck.

I have been an attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.


IDV was set up so 1 judge can handle everything.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


The integrated part is one part which hears family matters as well as criminal matters. You should hire an attorney that has experience in both areas.

Scott Gross

This is not a solicitation nor is it legal advice. An attorney/client relationship has not been established. The Law Offices of Scott Gross, PC 631-456-2326

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer