Criminal defense

Asked 7 months ago - Spokane, WA

I have a relative who is a level 1 sex offender. Donna zink has recently requested for all of the level 1 registery. He is looking for any legal advice.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Jason Case Bailes


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This is a civil law question, not criminal. It appears Ms. Zink is trying to create a de facto registry of Level 1 sex offenders which would normally not be disclosed to the public at large. Under state law she is probably entitled to the information. You may need to contact a civil attorney to file an injunction to prevent her from publishing the information she gets.

  2. Dennis James Dressler

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your question raises more questions than it provides information. Who is Ms. Zink? Why does she want the registery? How long ago was your relative convicted? How long ago placed on community custody? Et cetera, et cetera. Have your relative contact his public defender on his conviction or make an appointment to discuss the case with a private attorney; there are many that would do a low cost or no cost initial appointment. Don't leave details on a public formum as there is no telling who could be reading the posts. Good luck.

    Answers are based upon information provided by the writer. An in-depth response can only be based upon by... more
  3. Warren Joseph Corey-Boulet

    Contributor Level 1


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The ACLU of Washington is all over this. They have filed for a temporary restraining order against the Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs, and have been granted a temporary restraining order against the Washington State Patrol. These actions seek to protect the class of persons affected by Ms. Zink's broad records request by prohibiting those with access to the requested records from disseminating that information to Ms. Zink by way of permanent injunction.

    You can follow the case here:

    And here:

  4. Robert Jason De Groot


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Could you be a bit more specific? Any legal advice? Your relative needs to have an attorney answer any questions he has.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,548 answers this week

3,079 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,548 answers this week

3,079 attorneys answering