Criminal Defense..

Who is the best attorney with maximum success to petition for Factual innocence? How much it usually costs including attorney fees?

Gilroy, CA -

Edward Zaryl Kotkin

Edward Zaryl Kotkin

Criminal Defense Attorney - Santa Ana, CA

Who the best attorney for you will be depends upon your judgment and rapport with the lawyer himself/herself. The attorney who already responded to you correct - what you seek is not an easy thing to accomplish. Winning on a petition like the one that you will need to file necessitates that the lawyer not only be competent, but also a good writer.

Look for someone who is highly rated (you can check ratings here on Avvo and on other websites like Martindale Hubbell. It's difficult (if not impossible) to fake your way to a high peer rating. That said, remember that while ratings are helpful, there are plenty of good lawyers who don't have them. You can also look for State Bar certified specialists in criminal law. That information is available about each California lawyer via the bar's website, or you can try to find certified specialists by Google. Again, not all of the best lawyers take the time and dedicate the energy to become certified specialists.

Bottom line: the best lawyer is the lawyer who you like and trust the most. You should base your trust on experience, reputation, specialization, and past results for clients. A lot of information is out there, but some you can only get from a meeting with the lawyer who you are evaluating. Since most lawyers give free consultations, talk to at least three (3) before hiring someone. At least that way you will have some basis for comparison among people you view as qualified.

Now the bad news - when you hire a lawyer, you typically get what you pay for. Be careful of lawyers promising the world for what seem like low fees. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Sponsored Listing
Kresta Nora Daly

Kresta Nora Daly

Criminal Defense Attorney - Sacramento, CA

Winning a petition for a finding of factual innocence is difficult. Its impossible to estimate up front how much it would cost without knowing all the facts of your case.

Robert Laurens Driessen

Robert Laurens Driessen

Criminal Defense Attorney - Irvine, CA

Call around and talk to a few attorneys and get a feel for the one you like the best. Understand what a petition for factual innocence is and have a frank discussion with an attorney to see if you are even eligible.
Robert Driessen

Sponsored Listing
Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Criminal Defense Attorney - Chicago, IL

I agree with Counsel Daly.

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.