Criminal Defense..

Gilroy, CA |

Who is the best attorney with maximum success to petition for Factual innocence?

How much it usually costs including attorney fees?

Who the best attorney for you will be depends upon your judgment and rapport with the lawyer himself/herself. The attorney who already responded to you correct - what you seek is not an easy thing to accomplish. Winning on a petition like the one that you will need to file necessitates that the lawyer not only be competent, but also a good writer.

Look for someone who is highly rated (you can check ratings here on Avvo and on other websites like Martindale Hubbell. It's difficult (if not impossible) to fake your way to a high peer rating. That said, remember that while ratings are helpful, there are plenty of good lawyers who don't have them. You can also look for State Bar certified specialists in criminal law. That information is available about each California lawyer via the bar's website, or you can try to find certified specialists by Google. Again, not all of the best lawyers take the time and dedicate the energy to become certified specialists.

Bottom line: the best lawyer is the lawyer who you like and trust the most. You should base your trust on experience, reputation, specialization, and past results for clients. A lot of information is out there, but some you can only get from a meeting with the lawyer who you are evaluating. Since most lawyers give free consultations, talk to at least three (3) before hiring someone. At least that way you will have some basis for comparison among people you view as qualified.

Now the bad news - when you hire a lawyer, you typically get what you pay for. Be careful of lawyers promising the world for what seem like low fees. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

When I respond to a question posted on Avvo, I provide information for a general purpose. In reviewing my answer, you are specifically warned that your use of, or reliance upon any response that I provide would be a bad idea. I do not have all relevant background or facts related to your matter, and am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon any response by me does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us and does not qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose.

Winning a petition for a finding of factual innocence is difficult. Its impossible to estimate up front how much it would cost without knowing all the facts of your case.

The answers to these questions are intended for informational purposes. The attorney-client privilege does not attach and will not attach unless a written contact is entered into with Ms. Daly's firm. CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: If the above relates to a tax matter then, pursuant to Treasury Department Rules, we must advise you of the following: The advice contained in this communication was not intended or written to be used and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service. Under the applicable Rules, a taxpayer may rely on our advice to avoid penalties only if the advice is reflected in a more formal tax opinion that conforms to IRS standards

I agree with Counsel Daly.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

Call around and talk to a few attorneys and get a feel for the one you like the best. Understand what a petition for factual innocence is and have a frank discussion with an attorney to see if you are even eligible.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.