Skip to main content

Criminal defense..

Los Angeles, CA |

How can my friend get a copy of Judgement from the court regarding a misdemeanor case of his where everything is explained in detail?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. That is really two questions. A copy of the judgment will be easy to get. Most counties have good websites that allow any person to get a copy of such a document on-line. There will likely be a small fee. Alternatively, your friend can go to the courthouse where the conviction took place and speak with the criminal clerk.

    As far as everything being explained in detail, get the judgment and post any questions that you have about what it says here on Avvo.

    When I respond to a question posted on Avvo, I provide information for a general purpose. In reviewing my answer, you are specifically warned that your use of, or reliance upon any response that I provide would be a bad idea. I do not have all relevant background or facts related to your matter, and am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon any response by me does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us and does not qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose.

  2. The best source is the criminal court clerk's office where such documents are stored in the jurisdiction in question.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

  3. I agree, the court clerk is the best source of information for anything that happens in the court.

  4. The internet version of a court judgement may be different than the minutes transcribed in court. So it really depends on what your friend needs this information for. If he believes his judgement is incorrect in some manner, he can get a copy of all of his file from the court clerk, ( a fee for this). If there is an inconsistency of issue, hire an attorney..

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics