Criminal defense..

Asked about 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

How can my friend get a copy of Judgement from the court regarding a misdemeanor case of his where everything is explained in detail?

1. Edward Zaryl Kotkin

Pro

9

Answered . That is really two questions. A copy of the judgment will be easy to get. Most counties have good websites that allow any person to get a copy of such a document on-line. There will likely be a small fee. Alternatively, your friend can go to the courthouse where the conviction took place and speak with the criminal clerk.

As far as everything being explained in detail, get the judgment and post any questions that you have about what it says here on Avvo.

2. Chrystine Denise Carvalho

8

Answered . I agree, the court clerk is the best source of information for anything that happens in the court.

3. Susan Marie Hearne

Pro

5

Answered . The internet version of a court judgement may be different than the minutes transcribed in court. So it really depends on what your friend needs this information for. If he believes his judgement is incorrect in some manner, he can get a copy of all of his file from the court clerk, ( a fee for this). If there is an inconsistency of issue, hire an attorney..

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

6

Answered . The best source is the criminal court clerk's office where such documents are stored in the jurisdiction in question.