Criminal charges on a family member. First time & need advice?

Flushing, NY |

Hi my dad has a $35,000 bond with possession of drug paraphernalia , trafficking marijuana, & maintain place controlled substance in North Carolina . I found him through inmate search and there is not any info on court dates. How can I get court date info? I also wanted to know the most amount of prison time a person with these charges could get ? What would be the right way to go about his case being that I never experienced anything like this before ? I live in Ny !

1. Go to the courthouse for the case information, unless it appears online from the court. For sentence and potential sentencing information, you need to contact a NC attorney, or his attorney, or most directly, your dad.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

2. Re-post your question on the Avvo NC page if that is where the case is. Call the court for information.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. The institution where he is being held will know his next court date.