Criminal Case : Dismissal without prejudice

Parker, AZ |

1. Is it true dangerous drug cases cannot be dismissed with prejudice?
2. What are some reasons a case can be considered for a dismissal without prejudice? (is it lack of substantial evidence etc.?)
I know you probably need more details. But generally speaking

What can support a motion for dismissal without prejudice I spoke to the persons lawyer and I know for a fact it cannot be dismissed with prejudice

1. dismissed with prejudice--charges cannot be re-filed.

dismissed without prejudice--charges CAN be re-filed.

are you sure you want to know about dismissed without prejudice?

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.