Criminal Appeal

Asked about 1 year ago - Flushing, NY

Can someone appeal after one year of conviction

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . A Notice of Appeal has to be served within 30 days of the conviction (sentencing). However, the appeallate courts often grant motions to file a late Notice of Appeal in crimnal cases. I handle criminal appeals.

2. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

4

Answered . Maybe.
    The notice of appeal has to be filed within 30 days and then the process of filing begins. There are time frames involved that an appeals attorney can explain better.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

3. Marco Caviglia

Pro

3

Answered . The 30 limit may be extended by the appellate division upon the filing of a writ of errors. If you are already up to one year, you could run into a problem and you may have to document your efforts during the past year of seeking an appeal and why it was frustrated.

4. John J. Carney

Pro

3

Answered . I have been able to file them after the 30days but you will need to have a good reason.

5. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

Answered . Yes it is possible. We handle criminal appeals. Call today and let's get started. www.estrellalawyer.com and 347-628-2391.