Criminal: Gag orders, how often in wa st.

Port Angeles, WA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

In assault cases, criminal harassment, how often are gag orders issued on the defendant side of things in WA ST?

Also, I know that no contact orders are signed and no direct or indirect contact is to be made but what constitutes "indirect contact??"

If I have a blog, web site, I can't counteract other media and point things out like the alleged victim also has a record on file and place that public info on my site, or would that be indirect???

Indirect contact means that you ask a third party to contact the protected party. For example: you are forbidden to contact A. You call A's mom and ask her to tell A "I love her and I'm sorry." This is a classic example of indirect contact. As to your questiin about blogging and gag orders, This does not sound like a hypothetical question, but a question directed out of a specific court order issued against you. If that's the case, contact an attorney with the specifics of the order and your case and get their advice.

No not specific order, one I am trying to avoid. Was give a no contact order with the standard "no indirect" so wondering how to avoid "indirect." That is why I ask about the blogging if that is "indirect."

You have been given your answers with your other postings. If you want to pay an attorney, they will represent you but as these are free comments, you will not get an attorney to spend the day with you. Do your homework and if you are running a business and have legal concerns, hire an attorney. Good luck!

The comments listed here do not create an attorney-client relationship. The comments are for informational purposes only and are not to be considered legal advice. This attorney is only licensed in Michigan and does not give legal advice in any other state. All comments are to be considered conversational information and you should not rely on these comments as legal advice or in place of retaining an attorney of our own. The comments here are based solely on what you have provided and therefore are general in nature and with more specific facts or details a different answer or outcome could result. The legal system is not a perfect science and this attorney does not guarantee any outcome.

Contact with an alleged victim, at least here in Oregon, is one of the surest ways there is to get yourself tossed in the slammer pending trial. This just doesn't sound worth it. Either wait until it's over before blogging about it, or get a good attorney in your corner now who can fight to keep you out or get you out.