Crime involving moral turpitude and Immigration

Asked over 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

I have a immigration question,can You pls help?
I have 2 misdemeanors in my backround,one Petit theft (dismissed after 6 month community service) and another one is driving without DL.
Will these charges effect to become permanent residentship?
I love this country,I forget to pay the small item,and unattentionly walked out,but police still arrested and charged me with retail petit theft long time ago.
Thank You sir or madam

1. Isaul Verdin

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . It appears that the petit theft would qualify under the Petty Offense exception. You should have an experienced immigration lawyer review your criminal documents to confirm. Best of luck.

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Dallas, TX

2. Eric Elliot Ludin

1

1

Answered . I would need to confirm that it really was petit theft since there is a petit theft exception. Also, why was your license suspended? So, I would need more information. For instance, when did you commit these crime? Were you represented and were you notified of the effect that a plea to the crime might have to your immigration status? You should discuss this with an attorney before filing for naturalization.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . You 'might' be OK.

Take your records to an immigration attorney for confirmation.