Crime involving moral turpitude and Immigration

Dallas, TX |

I have a immigration question,can You pls help?
I have 2 misdemeanors in my backround,one Petit theft (dismissed after 6 month community service) and another one is driving without DL.
Will these charges effect to become permanent residentship?
I love this country,I forget to pay the small item,and unattentionly walked out,but police still arrested and charged me with retail petit theft long time ago.
Thank You sir or madam

It appears that the petit theft would qualify under the Petty Offense exception. You should have an experienced immigration lawyer review your criminal documents to confirm. Best of luck.

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Dallas, TX

2. I would need to confirm that it really was petit theft since there is a petit theft exception. Also, why was your license suspended? So, I would need more information. For instance, when did you commit these crime? Were you represented and were you notified of the effect that a plea to the crime might have to your immigration status? You should discuss this with an attorney before filing for naturalization.

3. You 'might' be OK.

Take your records to an immigration attorney for confirmation.

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.