Creditor garnishment (TOP) of my IRS refund

Hixson, TN |
Filed under: Sued for debt

Can a bank which has a judgment against me in Tenn . for property foreclosure , garnish my IRS refund ?

No, they can't garnish/attach your IRS refund for a private foreclosure deficiency. Good luck.

Don't forget to click on the "Best Answer" button, if you appreciate this wit and wisdom. This answer is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship and may not be relied upon as legal advice. A careful examination of the facts is necessary before a legal answer may be relied on. You should consult your own attorney before taking or refraining from any legal action.

2. Only a government creditor can attach your IRS tax refund before it hits your bank account. But once the money goes into your account, it becomes fair game for the creditor to take, so beware! Hope this perspective helps!

Sued for debt topics