Credit Card Fraud and Signature Forgery

Asked 3 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

What can I do to dispute a signature on a third party form I didn't sign nor authorize? The business owner refuses to provide that form and said the bank can give it to me. The bank won't send the form while my credit card line because of this random unauthorized charge has been high jacked and the bill is even due for payment in 2 weeks. How come my bank is not helping me file for signature forgery? How come the business owner does not want to let me see this form with this fake signature? What can I do?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Athina Karamanlis Powers


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . ...need more facts need to address the issues with a must address the issue with the credit card company....and bank

    Disclaimer:Attorney and Fraud Examiner.One of few that are Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE)*. The information... more
  2. Sagar P. Parikh

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Dispute the credit card charge with your credit card company.

  3. Matthew W. Stonestreet

    Contributor Level 6

    Answered . If you cannot find a form and the bank will not assist in helping you find one, you need to draft a written letter to the credit card company formally disputing the charges. Calling, both before and after this letter is completed, would also be prudent.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,000 answers this week

2,924 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,000 answers this week

2,924 attorneys answering