Credit Card debt

Asked over 6 years ago - Yakima, WA

I've been trying to make payments on a credit card, which I closed the account and they keep piling charges on. I'm expected to pay 400 for a 200 dollar debt

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Nicholas Martino

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Call them for a settlement amount. If they have reported you delinquent then they really have very little leverage. Make sure any agreement you make you get in writing first, before making any payments. They will pressure you, but make sure that letter is in your hand before dealing with the company.

  2. Okorie Okorocha

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Many credit card companies and collection agencies are willing to negotiate down the amounts for a lump sum payment, something you may want to keep in mind. But, when you make small payments, they just keep bleeding you dry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,374 answers this week

2,964 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,374 answers this week

2,964 attorneys answering