CR1/IR1 Administrative Processing but diagnosed lung cancer to my father in law. Me stuck in Italy.

They have diagnosed lung cancer to my father in law and is beginning chemotherapy, my wife needs me now more than ever but I am stuck in AP since Feb 27th. Is there anything that we can done to get me to the United States? This is a very stressful situation for my wife, not only because I am stuck in Italy under AP but also because her father is facing serious health issues.

New York, NY -

Find Out More

Philip Alan Eichorn

Philip Alan Eichorn

Immigration Attorney - Cleveland, OH

It depends on the basis for the "administrative processing." That's generally code for security checks. The U.S. consulate is not usually willing to expedite those. Sometimes the case is simply stuck on someone's desk. So it may be worthwhile to retain counsel to inquire on your behalf noting the circumstances above.

Alena Shautsova

Alena Shautsova

Immigration Attorney - Brooklyn, NY

It's not that long, but you can hire an attorney who can make inquiries and try to push the process upon showing of hardship...

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

I agree with my colleague.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Probably not.

Danny Garmo

Danny Garmo

Immigration Attorney - Southfield, MI

As sympathetic as your case seems, USCIS in all likelihoods will not not expedite AP. Keep checking though and good luck with everything.