CR1/IR1 Administrative Processing but diagnosed lung cancer to my father in law. Me stuck in Italy.

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

They have diagnosed lung cancer to my father in law and is beginning chemotherapy, my wife needs me now more than ever but I am stuck in AP since Feb 27th. Is there anything that we can done to get me to the United States? This is a very stressful situation for my wife, not only because I am stuck in Italy under AP but also because her father is facing serious health issues.

1. Philip Alan Eichorn

5

Answered . It depends on the basis for the "administrative processing." That's generally code for security checks. The U.S. consulate is not usually willing to expedite those. Sometimes the case is simply stuck on someone's desk. So it may be worthwhile to retain counsel to inquire on your behalf noting the circumstances above.

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

1

1

Answered . It's not that long, but you can hire an attorney who can make inquiries and try to push the process upon showing of hardship...

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

4. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Probably not.

5. Danny Garmo

Answered . As sympathetic as your case seems, USCIS in all likelihoods will not not expedite AP. Keep checking though and good luck with everything.