CPT while transferring between schools? TAGS: Immigration, work permit, student visa, f-1 visa

Asked 7 months ago - San Diego, CA

I'm in a PhD program in a school A and going to transfer to school B. I want to do an internship in between. My current school(A)'s summer is from June to September which is when I want to do my internship. School B's semester starts in August.

I plan to get CPT from school A and in the middle of summer ask school A to transfer my SEVIS (I20) file to school B but go to school B in October.

Are there any issues with this plan?

In short: Is it ok to transfer between schools while on CPT?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . You have a free resource in your school - the DSO. Ask the DSO. Use the resource, instead of asking complete strangers on AVVO a question that clearly falls within the DSO's scope of concern.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

Answered . Not OK as far as I am concerned, but these are questions to ask your school's DSO or foreign student advisor, as they are familiar with these types of scenarios the best; we are not.

3. Guerline Ladouceur-Laurore

Pro

Answered . Have you tried to speak to your school's DSO? They are usually a great resource to answer these types of questions.