CPN and SCN Credit privacy number or Second credit number?

Asked almost 6 years ago - Henderson, NV

CPN and SCN
Credit privacy number or Second credit number?
1974 US Privacy Act Title V :you have the right to keep your Social Security Number private and not be denied service due to your refusal. The credit bureaus are not government agencies, so you do not have to give them your Social Security Number. if used properly a cpn or scn is legal, if it is done to protect your social security but not for intent to defraud by way of file segregation.
I know it is illegal to user EIN,TIN and some people even use Duns number, some change some info on there current information:ie:such as address,job,telephone and a new file is created with your same old social security number.

What can you use as a private id# to protect your social security in doing financial and credit transactions?

It is used by celebrities, congress members/government workers, and for witness protection reasons.

do you have any attorneys that you can refer me to.

1. Matthew Timothy Bechtel

1

1

Answered . I realize this question (or comment) is a year old, but given that many people have viewed the question in the last year, I am going to answer it.

The question is based on an erroneous interpretation of the Privacy Act. The Privacy Act states, in relevant part:

“It shall be unlawful for any Federal, State or local government agency to deny to any individual any right, benefit, or privilege provided by law because of such individual's refusal to disclose his social security account number.”

The Privacy Act also has some exceptions that are inapplicable here. However, what should be clear is that the Privacy Act states the exact opposite of what is claimed in the question. Since the credit bureaus are NOT government agencies, the privacy act does not apply to them. Accordingly, the credit bureaus may ask for your social security number.

Moreover, it should be pointed out that the credit bureaus are not the entities asking for your social security number. When you apply for credit, the creditor is asking for your social security number. Since creditors are usually private businesses, and not government agencies, the Privacy Act simply does not apply to them.