Court Supervision for Speeding in Dupage County, IL (Hinsdale is an estimate)

Asked almost 4 years ago - Hinsdale, IL

The other day my friend got a speeding ticket in Dupage County but due to her "excellent driving record" the officer granted her court supervision. He said she didn't need to go to court, pay any fines, and he also said that mailing this slip in would prevent her insurance company and the secretary of state from being notified. He said that DuPage County offers people with "excellent driving records" this supervision for a 12 month period, after which it can be granted again upon the same basis.

My question is, are there any other little things I should be made aware of to tell my friend? She is an immigrant so her understanding of these legal terms is well below my already inadequate knowledge so she is asking me for help. Also, is there a way anyone else can find out about her ticket

1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

2

Answered . Your note has several inaccurate statements:

"The other day my friend got a speeding ticket in Dupage County but due to her "excellent driving record" the officer granted her court supervision." Officers canno grant supervisions, only judges in court adjudicate such cases.

"He said she didn't need to go to court, pay any fines, and he also said that mailing this slip in would prevent her insurance company and the secretary of state from being notified. He said that DuPage County offers people with "excellent driving records" this supervision for a 12 month period, after which it can be granted again upon the same basis."
    A term of supervision is not automatic, and, again given but the court, not by a traffic officer.

"are there any other little things I should be made aware of to tell my friend? She is an immigrant so her understanding of these legal terms is well below my already inadequate knowledge so she is asking me for help. Also, is there a way anyone else can find out about her ticket ."
    Since you friend is an immigrant I particularly advise to retain an attorney to ensure that she adjudicates any offenses correctly as potential mistakes may affect future immigration benefits.

DISCLAIMER

The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding.
    Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction.
    The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales.
    Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues.
    Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue.
    For further inquiries please contact:
    Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko
    773-562-8602
    http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . The effort to reasonably answer all of your questions can take up a bit of time. As a result, most experienced attorneys believe it best to charge a fee for the time it takes to resolve all of your and the attorney's concerns to mutual satisfaction and to the understanding of you both.

By doing so, reasonable legal advice is provided to serve your needs. An appointment, where an attorney can spend an hour, perhaps longer, to review your realistic options is in your best interests. This is just like you'd do if you went to see a medical doctor. Use the professional skills available to you.

I strongly recommend an appointment with a candid and experienced attorney.

NOTE: This observation is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. This observation is not like a communication with a lawyer with whom you have an attorney-client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides.