Court Summons for unpaid medical bill

Asked almost 5 years ago - Naperville, IL

Hello, My Dad received medical care an year back while he was on Visitor visa in this country. He did take up a Visitors Insurance. Apparenlty his insurance compnay declined the claim. He left the country after 2 months of stay. A week back I have received court summons on his name. The officer that dropped the summons took my first and last name. I am not sure what to do as my dad is not in this country. Please suggest.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Your dad should hire an attorney to determine if it is possible to move to quash the service of summons.

Have him contact me if he'd like to discuss retaining a lawyer to defend the service of summons upon you.

www.brinkmeierlaw.com

2. Richard S. Jaffe

Pro

Answered . The answer you previously received is the correct one, especially if your father was not residing with you at the time the summons was given to you. I would suggest having your father get in contact with Mr. Brinkmeier's office (or another attorney competent in this area of law) as soon as possible.

3. Shawn B Alexander

Pro

Answered . I agree with both answers and you are lucky to have Mr. Brinkmeier and you should help your dad clear this up.

Good Luck