Court Summons for unpaid medical bill

Naperville, IL |

Hello, My Dad received medical care an year back while he was on Visitor visa in this country. He did take up a Visitors Insurance. Apparenlty his insurance compnay declined the claim. He left the country after 2 months of stay. A week back I have received court summons on his name. The officer that dropped the summons took my first and last name. I am not sure what to do as my dad is not in this country. Please suggest.

1. Your dad should hire an attorney to determine if it is possible to move to quash the service of summons.

Have him contact me if he'd like to discuss retaining a lawyer to defend the service of summons upon you.

www.brinkmeierlaw.com

2. The answer you previously received is the correct one, especially if your father was not residing with you at the time the summons was given to you. I would suggest having your father get in contact with Mr. Brinkmeier's office (or another attorney competent in this area of law) as soon as possible.

3. I agree with both answers and you are lucky to have Mr. Brinkmeier and you should help your dad clear this up.

Good Luck