Skip to main content

Court Status of Final Stage of Default/Uncontested Dissolution with NO court hearing

Sacramento, CA |

Summary: A 15 yr old child. NO child support, financial or property settlement; just divorce

Petition filed: I checked 5a-No assets or debts. Attachment 7c-"Petitioner to have sole custody & Respondent to have reasonable visitation to be agreed upon between Petitioner & Respondent"

I received final forms back in my returned envelope with the Sacramento court's 1-page Review Status stating I need the following to complete my case:

o required child support language
o required 4065 child support language
o health insurance language
o spousal support language addressing for BOTH parties
o child custody/visitation language
o proposed judgement seeks relief inconsistent with that requested in the Petition

Do I AMEND Petition to remove Attachment 7c? Amend any other forms?

Attorney Answers 4


What this means is that you have not submitted properly drafted documents. Your proposed judgment isn't consistent with your petition. Your documents are missing legally required language. Your best move is to a local attorney to have corrections made.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


No. You are basically missing language that you could get added by hiring a paralegal or going to the self-help center to clean up you dissolution judgment and resubmit it.

Attorney Williams practices FAMILY LAW throughout the State of California. The response provided in this forum is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information offered in this response is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon without further consultation with a legal professional after all relevant facts are disclosed and considered. DANIEL S. WILLIAMS, ESQ. LAW OFFICES OF DANIEL S. WILLIAMS

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


As already mentioned, you will need to include the "missing language" and/or item(s) as indicated by the court when you refile the judgment. Visit the California Judicial Council website to learn more (

I suggest that you either consult with an attorney, have a paralegal prepare the documents, or inquire with the court regarding "self-help" services to get the judgment finalized.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


No you don't need to amend the Petition. Just correct the proposed judgment as requested.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics