Court ordered supervised visitation.

Asked about 1 year ago - Fort Worth, TX

My 13 year old daughter has been going to supervised visitation to see her bio dad.
She has stated on many occasions that she has absolutely no desire to visit him.
This last Sunday she made it clear to the case worker that she didn't and wouldn't visit him.
We were told that we could leave- so we did. This of course after the case worker said that things are going to get very difficult for me because my daughter has no interest in visiting with her bio-dad.

What are my rights in this situation?
If my daughter doesn't want to see him then she won't see him
Please advise.

1. Raymond Ellis Daniel

5

Answered . Your daughter is a child, and she does not get to make the decision about whether she will see her father. A judge has made that decision already. I do not suggest relying on the visitation supervisor's statement that you could leave as a defense to not allowing visitation.

2. Adam Kielich

5

Answered . Your responsibility is to surrender your daughter to the supervised visits at the time and place spelled out in the order. You do not have the freedom to avoid the order.

3. Bryan L. Walter

2

Answered . Perhaps the judge should change custody to the father and see if he can make the child visit you

4. Bria Larson

2

Answered . It sounds like you may need to have your current order modified. If it is a recent order, then that may not be an option, but I would at least look into it. If it is possible to have it modified, your daughter may be able to confer with the judge and express her desires (although the judge is not required to speak with your daughter). If modification is not an option, for whatever reason, then you are bound by the current court order. Good luck to you and your family.