Skip to main content

Court ordered mediation

Jacksonville, FL |

Court ordered mediation what if one of the parties didn't show up is that contempt of court .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If it is found that the party willfully violated the court's order in not attending mediation, he or she can be found in contempt. If this is the case, all fees and costs associated with same can be charged to the violating party by the judge.


I agree with Attorney Gerber, but doubt the Court will hold her in contempt the first time. However, file the motion, set it for hearing, the the mediation re-set by another court order and see what happens next.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship.


It may be contempt; however, you can simply ask the court for permission to proceed with any hearing as you appeared at mediation and the other side failed to. You now need to request your relief directly from the court.

This answer is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for your particular case nor is it intended as legal advice. I have not reviewed your case nor have I met with you and the answer to this question does not in any manner whatsoever establish an attorney/client relationship.


It may be a basis for contempt. In any case, it's an extremely bad idea to ignore a court order. Don't go there.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer