Court ordered child support not being paid

Asked about 1 year ago - Baltimore, MD

My daughters father was ordered twice to pay child support but has yet to make a single payment. I have full physical and legal custody of our daughter. He was denied visitation after not showing up for supervised visitation. It has been 2 years since he has seen her. He pays child support for another child that is taken right out of his pay check. Twice he has been ordered to take his pay info to the clerk to get his wages garnished and he hasn't. How can I get him to pay his support if he doesn't follow with the order. Taking him back to court can take up to a year here and I worry he will just not follow it again. I have his social and case number for his other child support case if that helps

1. Bennett James Wills

Pro

1

Answered . Unfortunately, because it's court ordered, you will have to go back to court to enforce the order. You should be able to get a hearing in less than 60 days from filing if you're in Baltimore. The system is backed up a bit, but it will not take a year.

2. Jessica Elena Charles

Pro

Answered . Have you opened an account with the Office of Child Support Enforcement? Have you received a signed order by the Judge ordering support.. You will want to confirm that even though the Judge Ordered child support via wage withholding that it was actually processed correctly. The State has several mechanisms to locate someone to withhold wages if that is what the Court originally ordered. I would contact the Child Support Enforcement and inquire about the status of your case. If you still do not receive a sufficient answer, then I recommend discussing this matter with an attorney.