COURT ORDER

Asked over 1 year ago - Coram, NY

I have put in a court order in on 9/12/2012. When I went on to the website (e-courts) under motion details. Under "Status" motion was decided on 12/31/2012 before the judge, under "Decision" it says Short Form Order - next would be the Order Signed Date which is 12/31/2012. Does this mean that the judge granted my court order?

1. Mary Katherine Brown

Pro

2

6

Answered . No, it does not mean the judge granted your motion. You will have to obtain a copy of the SFO to see the judge's decision.

2. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

3

1

Answered . It means the order was decided. The notation does not indicate how the motion was decided.

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

1

Answered . Need to get a copy of the order to see the decision and specifically how the decision is worded.

4. Michael Evan Greenspan

1

1

Answered . The Notation "Short Form Order" under decision means that the motion was decided. It does not tell you in whose favor the motion was decided. If the case was an efiled case, you should be able to get a copy of the order online. If not, you will likely have to go to the County Clerk's office to obtain a copy if you do not have a lawyer representing you on the matter.

If the Decision and Order was in your favor, be sure to serve a copy of it with Notice of Entry on your opponent in order to start the time running for the other side to take an appeal