Skip to main content


Coram, NY |

I have put in a court order in on 9/12/2012. When I went on to the website (e-courts) under motion details. Under "Status" motion was decided on 12/31/2012 before the judge, under "Decision" it says Short Form Order - next would be the Order Signed Date which is 12/31/2012. Does this mean that the judge granted my court order?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. It means the order was decided. The notation does not indicate how the motion was decided.

    If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email -

  2. Need to get a copy of the order to see the decision and specifically how the decision is worded.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

  3. No, it does not mean the judge granted your motion. You will have to obtain a copy of the SFO to see the judge's decision.

    Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.

  4. The Notation "Short Form Order" under decision means that the motion was decided. It does not tell you in whose favor the motion was decided. If the case was an efiled case, you should be able to get a copy of the order online. If not, you will likely have to go to the County Clerk's office to obtain a copy if you do not have a lawyer representing you on the matter.

    If the Decision and Order was in your favor, be sure to serve a copy of it with Notice of Entry on your opponent in order to start the time running for the other side to take an appeal

    Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. The answer given is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for contacting an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction and obtaining legal advice from such an attorney.